How to Start a Bonsai Tree Business: Just imagine how trees like mango, berries, neem, banyan, rosewood, tamarind and peepal will be seen in the drawing-room of the house. Sure would love it.
This is possible through Bonsai. Now you can touch the tops of huge trees. There is an idea, which makes it possible to plant your favorite tree in a plant house, it is called bonsai. You can plant big trees in your room, veranda, and balcony in small form through Bonsai.
Bonsai of any plant can be grown. In Bonsai, activities, like pruning the twigs, shortening the roots, changing the pots and pruning the leaves are done at a fixed time. Growing Bonsai plant is a less expensive and interesting task.
History of Bonsai Trees
Bonsai originated in China in 1133 BC, but it was developed by the Japanese. From the 17th century, it was made famous all over the world by the Japanese. But the Chinese claim that this is their art because trees were planted in pots from their old days.
There is a difference between Japanese Bonsai and Chinese Bonsai. The Chinese used to plant trees only in pots but did not prune them regularly. The Japanese claim that planting trees in pottery is not only a Bonsai art, but Bonsai is an art in which large trees are prepared in dwarf form.
How to Get Business and Income from Bonsai Tree
Bonsai is actually an unusual method of growing a plant, in which bonsai does not grow from seed, but instead maintains a large plant or some part of it, and the plant appears older than age.
The word Bonsai is made up of a combination of 2 words. Bon in the Japanese language means tray, a character with less depth and Sai means to plant saplings.
Before going further, we should also know how many methods of Bonsai tree.
Methods of Bonsai Tree
After growing a normal tree is about 5 meters or even higher. At the same time, the height of the biggest size Bonsai tree can be kept at most 1 meter.
Very small bonsai is less than 15 centimeters, small bonsai is 15 to 30 centimeters, medium bonsai is 30 to 60 centimeters and big bonsai is 60 centimeters high.
- Regular straightforward method: In this method of tree grows upright and branches are formed in a pyramid or round shape.
- Irregular straight method: These trees grow upwards, but the stem has many unbalanced curves.
- Slanting method: In this method, the trunk of the tree grows at an angle of 40 to the right or left of the root.
- Bahuna method: When 1 root originates from the beam and more than 1 stem, it is called Bahuna.
- Forest or group planting method: In this method from 1 to 15 saplings are planted, so that the view looks like a forest.
- Bowing method: In this method, a young plant with many branches is selected and the plant is tilted with the help of copper wires and applied in triangular pots.
- Twin stem method: In this method, the second stem is removed from the root of the tree.
- Brooming method: In this method, all the branches are tied with wire to make the tree bend and care is taken that no one branch crosses the other.
STEP 1: Selection of plants for Bonsai Trees
It is a different fun to look after the tree and shape it according to your choice. You choose a tree that is good in shape and which after cutting and pruning can easily look beautiful to you.
Keep in mind that if you want to grow the tree from seed, then you can control the growth of the tree in every way you want.
If you like to be looked after, then buy only developed trees. Bonsai is another method of cutting. You can grow trees by planting cuttings of cut trees in the soil separately. There is no delay in growing trees grown from cuttings instead of seeds. In this method also you can control the tree at the stage of growth.
- The life of the chosen plant should be for several years.
- The plant should tolerate harsh conditions.
- Leaves, flowers, and fruits of plants are very beautiful to see.
- The plant does not attract insectivores.
STEP 2: Selection of pots for Bonsai Trees
Shallow pots are used for Bonsai. The height of a standard bonsai vessel is less than 25 cm and its volume is from 2 to 10 liters. These pots are of several types such as oval, spherical, square or square.
The shallow pots should have 2 holes to drain the water. Apart from this, 4 more small holes should be made on the side of the pot, put a copper wire from these four holes, which are above the half pot and half below the pot.
In doing so, when pruning of the roots is done, then it is convenient to remove the plant from the pot and after pruning the roots it is convenient to tie the plant with the pot.
But when making Bonsai bowing or semi-leaning method, choose deep pots, because the potted flower will turn due to the inclination of the plant.
Only water-draining containers should be used for growing bonsai and these vessels may be of clay, plastic or wood. It is considered good to place a piece of coal to stop the soil at the place of water.
The roots should not rotate inside the vessel nor should the roots be allowed to stick to the walls of the vessel. For this, the roots should be cut from time to time with scissors. It is good to place the bonsai tree slightly out of the middle in the vessel.
STEP 3: Selection of Soil for Bonsai Trees
Soil for Bonsai should be brittle so that the water gets out easily. Red soil, dung manure or earthworm manure, sand and leaf rotted manure should be mixed in equal quantity in the pots.
Caring for Our Bonsai Trees (Indoor Plants)
Plant preparation: Plants are prepared for Bonsai by botanical methods, because it does not take much time to prepare such plants. Plants are also prepared by seeds, but this takes more time.
Transplanting time: Most of the plant species are planted during the months of July-August.
Pruning: Pruning pruning is very important for making Bonsai. Beautiful and attractive Bonsai are made by pruning.
When pruning, keep as many twigs as necessary and cut all the twigs. Also keep in mind that when making bonsai of big trees like peepal, banyan, cut all the branches that grow near the root.
When making lots of bonsai, keep 2-4 branches more than necessary from the branches coming out from the root, so that if any branch gets spoiled, then it can be shaped very much from the remaining branches.
Manure and Fertilizer: Dung manure, neem cake, groundnut cake, castor cake and rotten compost of leaves are good for Bonsai. Soak 1 kg of groundnut cake and neem cake in 5 liters of water and keep it for 1 month.
Then it should be mixed with 5 times water and given to the tree 2 times a month and a pinch of bone powder and single super phosphate should also be added.
Transplanting again: The flowerpot or pot should be changed at regular intervals according to the condition and age of the bonsai tree. Usually, the plant grown in the nursery is removed from there and planted in the bonsai vessel.
If the root of the pot or bonsai pot starts spreading on the soil or the hole under the pot starts to stop due to excessive removal of the roots, then the flower pot or vessel should be changed in such condition.
If the roots are not stopped from growing in time, the bonsai tree will grow bigger than the pot. Old roots do not or cannot absorb water and nutrients at a very slow rate, so they should be cut and removed so that new roots develop which can absorb water and nutrients well.
To transplant again, first, carefully separate the plant, then remove the soil from the roots and then cut 75 percent of the roots from all four sides. When cutting the main root, cut it diagonally.
After this, plant the plant with the help of wires in the new pot and fill the soil according to the ratio mentioned earlier.
After this, irrigate the plant. The pruning of roots keeps the shape of Bonsai trees under control. Cut large and thick roots and roots going towards the pot.
Just leave the mesh of thin roots on the top surface. The tree draws water from the ends of the roots, so instead of 1 thick deep root in a small pot, the roots mesh is better.
➡ Maintenance of Bonsai during winters
In winter, much attention is paid to the care of Bonsai, because Bonsai is planted in shallow containers and its roots are not buried under the ground like big trees. When the temperature is very low in the atmosphere, the bonsai should be kept inside the rooms.
If it is not possible to keep it inside, first cover it with paper or cloth and then cover it with polythene from above. When the temperature rises, remove the polythene.
➡ Maintenance of Bonsai during hot days
On hot days when the temperature of the day is very high, let the Bonsai sunlight only in the morning and evening and keep it in the shade in the afternoon. These days there is a need for water, so do not let the plants lack water.
A tree Selection for making a Bonsai Trees at Home
Evergreen Trees: Pomegranate, Mango, Amalash, Akash, Neem, Banyan, Batal Brush, Kaner, Orange, Sycamore, Peepal, Banyan, Chiku, Zakrenda, Lychee, Pine, Kesia, Rubber, Neem, Lemon, Tamarind, Jamun and Fig, etc.
Autumn Trees: Oak, Plum, Birch, Cedar, Fur, Pear, Adusa, Amla, Guava, Chinese Orange, Palash, Cedar, Champa, Cheri, Semal, Chinar, Shami, Semal, Gudhal and Gulmohar etc.
- Peepal: The specialty of peepal is that it releases oxygen for 24 hours. This tree is mostly planted in public or religious places. The peepal tree is very huge and by planting near the house it can damage the foundation of the house, but it is planted in the house in the form of Bonsai.
- Bamboo: a Bamboo tree grows by digging inside the ground. It works as a powerful electrical appliance. Where these trees are planted, there is less possibility of lightning fall.
- Tulsi: Planting the Tulsi plant makes the surrounding environment free of insects. The basil plant leaves an average of 10 trees of oxygen. This plant also has medicinal value. Its leaves are used to make Ayurvedic medicines and to treat cough.
- Neem: The medicinal value of this tree is very high. It is used to make about 300 medicines in Ayurveda. Its furniture and doors made of its girl never look termite. This branch is used as a toothbrush. It purifies the environment around it, so it is considered good to apply around the house.
- Banana: Banana plant is used to decorate the wedding pavilion. Eating food on its leaves is considered good for health.
- Hibiscus: Applying horticulture plants anywhere in the house will give full benefit, but keep in mind that it gets the right sunlight.
- Harsingar: Harsingar tree with small flowers gives good aroma.
Benefits of Bonsai Tree
- Bonsai is also good employment. This can be well taken care of by housewives.
- Due to lack of space, trees which were not possible to be planted in the house, now we can also plant them in our houses.
- Bonsai is very beautiful and attractive. It beautifies the home.
- All crops get spoiled due to bad weather and farmers get damaged, but Bonsai can be saved from bad weather.
- Like other crops, fruits, and vegetables, it does not have to be cut and sold on time.
- Due to spoilage of fruits, flowers, and vegetables, many times farmers are not able to get the right price and for fear of spoilage, farmers sell them at a low price, but the right care of Bonsai, year after year, to its value. Increases.
- Horticulture helps to keep stress away, but horticulture is not possible in cities, the Bonsai tree is a good brocade.
- Elderly people, whose time is not cut, they can keep themselves busy by applying Bonsai.
- Bonsai is a good way for those farmers who have fewer cultivation areas.
- If Bonsai will be planted in the house, then the children of the house will also understand the importance of trees and will learn how to maintain them very easily.
Important things for Bonsai Tree
➡ Trees should be properly planted in the characters.
➡ While planting trees, there is no wind between the roots, so the tree should be pressed well.
➡ Keep the bonsai in the open air and keep in mind that sunlight should come from all around.
➡ Bonsai needs more water, so water it daily and give it until the water starts flowing from the vessel.
➡ Give Bonsai the same shape and type as it naturally is.
➡ Do not tie the copper wires tightly or else the plants will be marked with wires.
If you liked the post ‘What is bonsai tree’ then do share it on your social media.